Swiss-TET

Who, what, why, our ethos, aim and FAQs
glitch_oz

Swiss-TET

Post by glitch_oz » Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:03 am

Hi folks,
newb alert here. :-)

Interested in finding out how much off-pavement riding there actually is in Switzerland (as per TET-GPX route).
Tracing the current route (560km), it seems to be entirely sealed with only 2 short unsealed toll-roads around Andermatt. (Unteralptal and Taetsch)
Aelggialp is a nice touch, though :-)
Is that correct?

Cheers
Pete
0 x
glitch_oz

Re: Swiss-TET

Post by glitch_oz » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:02 pm

Anyone knows?
0 x
glitch_oz

Post by glitch_oz » Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:13 am

Is there anyone actually looking in here or is this one of the many forum graveyards out there?
0 x
choutos

Post by choutos » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:37 pm

Yes, I check it regularly. The forum is not very active, that's true, but it is not that bad either :).
0 x
glitch_oz

Post by glitch_oz » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:35 am

Oh my God...there is life here!! :-)
Who would have thought...

No results to the inquiry, which pretty much seems to mirror the Swiss-"ADV" component of the TET-file.
Got a strong feeling that the same applies to Austria/ Denmark/Germany/ Netherlands/ Belgium (after checking those routes) and quite likely a few other places east and north.

Thanks for your reply, friend
0 x
Raffaele

Post by Raffaele » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:35 pm

It is possible to ride more Off-road in Switzerland as many think. But you have to know where that is.
0 x
glitch_oz

Post by glitch_oz » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:11 am

Raffaele wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:35 pm
It is possible to ride more Off-road in Switzerland as many think. But you have to know where that is.

:-)
Agreed.
But the inquiry was rather regarding the off-pavement content of the Swiss-TET route, not any other unpaved roads/ tracks.
0 x
Nepomuk

Post by Nepomuk » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:25 pm

As far as I know (e.g. read on the forums) the swiss TET is mainly paved, and yes this seems to be a general issue in central Europe. Due to highly developed infrastructure and high population densities its rare to find legal offroad tracks. In the european periphery and eastern Europe thats a different story though. Go to Sweden, Spain, Greece or Romania and you'll find plenty.

Beware also that the TET's purpose is not to find the best offroad routes, but lets you travel europe with as little tarmac as possible. This means that you'll probably find better routes besides what's on the TET but they might not get you anywhere.

And concerning the activity in the forums: Due to the Winter the community is in hibernation and it'll reappear in spring, dont worry :)

Cheers
0 x
glitch_oz

Post by glitch_oz » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:10 am

Nepomuk wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:25 pm
As far as I know (e.g. read on the forums) the swiss TET is mainly paved, and yes this seems to be a general issue in central Europe. Due to highly developed infrastructure and high population densities its rare to find legal offroad tracks. In the european periphery and eastern Europe thats a different story though. Go to Sweden, Spain, Greece or Romania and you'll find plenty.
Thanks for the reply.
I'm quite familiar with Europe, lived there for ~25 years, rode a lot of miles in the 60's-to-80s and return a few times a year to ride a few more thousand kilometers.

Nepomuk wrote:
This means that you'll probably find better routes besides what's on the TET but they might not get you anywhere.

:-)

Nepomuk wrote:
And concerning the activity in the forums: Due to the Winter the community is in hibernation and it'll reappear in spring, dont worry :)
Yeah, sure :confusion-scratchheadblue:
A simple "yeah or nea" to the question asked doesn't really take much effort or involvement though, doesn't it?

All good, tks again and happy miles.
byes
0 x
Oleksii
Linesman

Post by Oleksii » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:26 am

Guys, Jan (our Linesman from Switzerland) makes all his best to make the route interesting and covering as much unsealed as possible, considering all the existing laws and rules, so no one gets in trouble.
He entered the project nearly end of this riding season in 2018, so please give him some time, I'm sure the Swiss TET will be the jewel in the heart of the Europe.
Even if it's not going to be challenging off-road ride as in Romania or Ukraine, it still going to cover the places which are not from typical tourist guidebooks, but more genuine that locals know.
Greetings :)
1 x
I adhere to the TET CODE OF CONDUCT (click here)
KTM 640 Adventure
KTM 690 RFR (for sale!)