Nordic TET

Moderator: Rev

Andrew Dalton

Nordic TET

Post by Andrew Dalton » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:04 am

I am planning on a Nordic TET, definitely riding Finnish leg. Unsure about whether I do the Norge or Sverige, but I would like to do one. I speak some Finnish and would ideally like to do the tour with a Finnish speaker, selfishly, to practice my bad Finnish. My plan is June or July 2019 to ride the Land of the Midnight Sun, and cross the Napapiri. Onko suomalaisia ​​moottoripyöräilijöitä, jotka pitävät tästä ideasta?
0 x
I agree to abide by the TET Code of Conduct.
Husqvarna 701 and FE 350
yoohah

Re: Nordic TET

Post by yoohah » Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:48 pm

Don’t be shy to talk what you can, in finnish. And we can speak quite well english also. I have a vague idea to ride through Scandinavian TET, so it might be one idea to ride together, at least some portion of it. But it is timing question and needs more planning. I am easy going finn and you can teach english to me, if we find a common trail

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
0 x
Andrew Dalton

Post by Andrew Dalton » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:26 am

Moi Yoohah. I am planning to do the TET for Midsummer 2019. My rough plan is land in Stockolm, ride Swedish TET North and Suomalainen TET south, and spend a few days in Espoo with family before I ride back via Denmark, Germany and Holland. I'd much rather ride in company. I am happy to speak Finnglish, which I speak with my aiti. She is Finnish. I ride a 701. I am planning on wild camping.
0 x
Husqvarna 701 and FE 350
jsocana

Post by jsocana » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:21 am

Andrew Dalton wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:26 am
Moi Yoohah. I am planning to do the TET for Midsummer 2019. My rough plan is land in Stockolm, ride Swedish TET North and Suomalainen TET south, and spend a few days in Espoo with family before I ride back via Denmark, Germany and Holland. I'd much rather ride in company. I am happy to speak Finnglish, which I speak with my aiti. She is Finnish. I ride a 701. I am planning on wild camping.
Hi Andrew. I'm planning to ride scandinavian TET next summer as well. Probably, i will start in Greece by spring an then Romania, Poland and Baltic countries to Finland or Sweden; all the time wild camping except a hot shower and a good meal every other time. I keep on planning because i'm gonna be out for several months and there are a lot of things to be done.
Regards.
José.
0 x
Andrew Dalton

Post by Andrew Dalton » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:28 pm

Hi Jose. Thanks for reaching out. I plan on starting in Stockholm and cross the Arctic Circle around midsummer. Then turn East and head south through Finland. If it coincides with you, I'd love for you to join us. This trip is likely to appear in one of the major British magazines. So far it is me and my friend Michael. Like you I am wild camping but every third day or so, proper bed, hot bath and so on. In Finland there are summer houses which are often available on AirBandB. So sauna, barbecue and olut!
0 x
Husqvarna 701 and FE 350
sam1

Post by sam1 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:36 pm

Hi guys,

I will be following your planning work since it would be great to meet and ride a short section of Finnish TET with you.
I live in Kuopio quite close to TET in middle of Finland and would be happy to meet fellow TET'ers.

BR Sami
0 x
jsocana

Post by jsocana » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:46 am

sam1 wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:36 pm
Hi guys,

I will be following your planning work since it would be great to meet and ride a short section of Finnish TET with you.
I live in Kuopio quite close to TET in middle of Finland and would be happy to meet fellow TET'ers.

BR Sami
Hi BR Sami. I don't know the exact dates but i will contact you by June.

Can you tell me about mosquitos in Finland on summer months?. Thanks.

José.
0 x
sam1

Post by sam1 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:04 am

jsocana wrote:

José.
Hi Jose,

There are plenty of mosquitoes in Finland and Sweden in June-Aug. Not dangerous by any means but annoying, making you itch a lot.

You want to get one of these:
https://www.hongkong.fi/fi/vapaa-aika-j ... p/3211104/

Sorry it's in Finnish but you get the point from picture. Also some mosquito spray/roll-on is recommended. And visor cleaner.

Other than the mossies it will be nice here in June. In the very north snow can still be blocking some trails but all proper roads are open.

Sami
0 x
jsocana

Post by jsocana » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:12 am

sam1 wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:04 am
jsocana wrote:

José.
Hi Jose,

There are plenty of mosquitoes in Finland and Sweden in June-Aug. Not dangerous by any means but annoying, making you itch a lot.

You want to get one of these:
https://www.hongkong.fi/fi/vapaa-aika-j ... p/3211104/

Sorry it's in Finnish but you get the point from picture. Also some mosquito spray/roll-on is recommended. And visor cleaner.

Other than the mossies it will be nice here in June. In the very north snow can still be blocking some trails but all proper roads are open.

Sami
Thanks Ssami, i will get one of those.

José.
0 x