Ukraine GPX file.

Stuck, lost or broken down

Moderators: Don T, Froggy

Solleveld

Ukraine GPX file.

Post by Solleveld » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:24 am

I have problem import the Ukraine GPX file to basecamp. I can import other countries but not the Ukraine.
0 x
Didado

Re: Ukraine GPX file.

Post by Didado » Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:44 am

Solleveld wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:24 am
I have problem import the Ukraine GPX file to basecamp. I can import other countries but not the Ukraine.
The file is corrupt. I tried basecamp and two other online programs but none will import that track. I send an email to the linesman.
0 x
Solleveld

Post by Solleveld » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:05 am

Thankyou.
0 x
Oleksii
Linesman

Post by Oleksii » Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:38 am

Hey guys,

The GPX is deactivated at the moment as there are few problematic sections damaged by logging trucks on the past and one place simply overgrown due to nearly zero traffic recently - all of that have to be checked and rerouted.
We have to wait till Spring when the snow comes off, once it will be ready you will get announcement on email as a newsletter.

Thanks for your patience

Cheers and happy holidays,
Oleksii

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1 x
I adhere to the TET CODE OF CONDUCT (click here)
KTM 640 Adventure
KTM 690 RFR (for sale!)
Solleveld

Post by Solleveld » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:18 pm

Sounds great.
0 x
Kieler

Post by Kieler » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:29 pm

Even if some parts of the track are unpassable it would be helpful to have anything as a basis for an off-road trip through the Ukraine. The linesman could mark some crucial parts oft the track with warnings. The communitiy should then send Oleksii tracks for bypassing the difficult sections.
0 x
jesperd

Post by jesperd » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:27 am

Didado wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:44 am
Solleveld wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:24 am
The file is corrupt. I tried basecamp and two other online programs but none will import that track. I send an email to the linesman.
Turns out it isn't a GPX file, but a PDF. If you rename and open it, it just reads what Oleksii already said; that it has temporarily been taken offline.
0 x
LukiWawa

Post by LukiWawa » Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:57 am

Oleksii wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:38 am

The GPX is deactivated at the moment as there are few problematic sections damaged by logging trucks on the past and one place simply overgrown due to nearly zero traffic recently - all of that have to be checked and rerouted.
We have to wait till Spring when the snow comes off, once it will be ready you will get announcement on email as a newsletter.
Hi Oleksii!
Could you provide a estimate when new path (and gpx file) will be available? I'm going to visit Ukraine on beginning of May and I'm looking for good adventure tracks :)

Best regards,
Lukasz
Poland
0 x
BMW F800GS ADV
Oleksii
Linesman

Post by Oleksii » Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:14 am

LukiWawa wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:57 am
Oleksii wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:38 am

Hi Oleksii!
Could you provide a estimate when new path (and gpx file) will be available? I'm going to visit Ukraine on beginning of May and I'm looking for good adventure tracks :)

Best regards,
Lukasz
Poland
Hi Lukasz, I'm afraid it will be too early, this year was very generous with snow, higher altitudes still have meters and meters of snow, even avalanches were reported few weeks back. It will take at least at month to melt and dry a little bit...
In May go to Odesa and enjoy the sun, sea and views (girls start to loose winter clothes and make "them" breath - sorry for inappropriate joke :evil :mhm )
1 x
I adhere to the TET CODE OF CONDUCT (click here)
KTM 640 Adventure
KTM 690 RFR (for sale!)
Travelbits

Post by Travelbits » Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:57 pm

Hello Oleksi,

Could You check the whole route? Or can You please make the GPX available en tell us where to expect problems. Then we can find out ourselfs where the trouble is. Those who have the courage to just go and find out can tell You their experiances.

Bye
Guus
0 x