Camping, cooking, carrying, recovering, repairing and despairing

Moderator: Spietfriek

DrumBrakes

Re: Frameless Panniers?

Post by DrumBrakes » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:14 pm

dragos wrote:
trninka wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:36 am
There are some new panniers from Givi. GRT708. I have not seen them yet, but they look promising.
I have not seen those, but I have the tail bag from the same series: https://www.givi.co.uk/soft-bags/Others/GRT707
It was cheap and it's nice, but compared to stuff from Enduristan or Kriega, the material is very thin. It doesn't look as durable and heavy duty.
But for the price is absolutely OK.
I have a tank bag and two other small packs from that range.
I have to agree, they will be waterproof until the first moderate speed fall onto hard ground.
I have a lovely set of Kreiga OS32, but they are a bit big for short trips. The smaller Givi bags might be good for weekend use when I'm sure to stay upright...
0 x
Over prepared & under talented.
dokotela

Post by dokotela » Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:30 pm

Anyone looking for a very cheap set of panniers that are readily available throughout the UK then just have a look at these.

You can purchase these from any army surplus store in the UK. they are used by soldiers on their packs as additional bags and they zip together in a pair or you can use them individually.

In the photos shown they are zipped together as a pair stop but I often use them individually. Both ways work perfectly well.

They are extremely tough made from an abrasion-resistant material and I know people who have slid down the tarmac using them and they've been pretty robust. They are also very waterproof.

They cost about £20 for a pair.
if you don't want the expense of buying soft luggage than these work really well.ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

0 x
dokotela

Post by dokotela » Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:32 pm

I should have added that each pouch contains 12 l giving a total if you use 4 of them have nearly 50 litres of luggage

If you go into any army surplus store then you need to ask for rocket pouches.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

2 x