TET Ireland and Scotland

Suggestions of how you’d like the TET to develop
scrapy

TET Ireland and Scotland

Post by scrapy » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:32 pm

Hi guys, first of all congratulations for what you have achieved so far. I just currently found this site and im really excited. I am wondering if there will be a route for Ireland and Scotland. Keep up the great work!!! :handgestures-thumbup:
0 x
Redballrun
TET Puppetmaster

Re: TET Ireland and Scotland

Post by Redballrun » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:35 pm

Sadly both Ireland and Scotland have minimal if any legal off pavement public roads
0 x
Trans Euro Trail HQ
KTM 690 RFR, Yamaha XT600Z 3AJ
E-mail: info@transeurotrail.org

I adhere to the TET CODE OF CONDUCT (click here)
HarleyREx

Post by HarleyREx » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:47 am

:confusion-shrug: :facepalm
0 x
mspenz

Post by mspenz » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:21 pm

Yeah, as Redballrun has already stated unfortunately. I live up in North East Scotland around 40 miles from Inverness and there is zero legal off road access for any motorised vehicle...anywhere..although all and anyone will and do travel on these tracks but you have to be prepared for and expect to be challenged ( often aggressively ) as to the legality of your being there !
I and others do it but we pick and choose where and when to try to avoid antagonising the estate owners / factors.

There is no state owned land in Scotland, all the large open spaces are owned by Dutch / German / American consortiums who actively police the ' No Vehicle Access ' law !

Kind of why I'm travelling down to Spain in mid June at great expense to enjoy some TET !!

Mike.
0 x